Overnight Irish Expeditions
In Amazing Outdoor Spaces!
Small group two day overnight Irish expeditions across a range of Ireland’s Mountains with training and outdoor experiences for the everyday person “
Jason Black is an International Expedition Leader on the world’s toughest and most remote Mountains on the planet. He has lead and faced adversity at a level unimaginable. Very few have ever stood on the summit of Mt Everest and on the summit of K2 arguably the hardest and most dangerous mountain in the world. Jason holds multiple high-altitude mountaineering world records, being the fastest human to summit Kilimanjaro twice in 22 hrs and Aconcagua traverse in 18 hrs. Making history Jason Black has joined that very small global club, placing him as one of the world’s leading high altitude mountaineers. His Leadership, Mountain knowledge and Adventure survival experience is exceptional. He brings a next level approach in leadership to individuals, teams and organisations looking for an exceptional competitive advantage.
Some recent examples include Linkedin, Pfizer Inc, Amazon, Facebook, Google and many others.
“His powerful combination of people, process, and place, make him the best at what he does.” – Garrett Madison.
Our approach is a little unconventional. Inquiry-based, no-bullshit thinking and development programmes in amazing Irish spaces. Jason Black Mountain Guide and International Overnight Irish Expeditions Leader on the world’s greatest Mountains. Very few have ever stood on the summit of Mt Everest and on the summit of the savage mountain K2 arguably the hardest and most dangerous mountain in the world. Jason holds multiple high-altitude mountaineering world records, such as being the fastest human in history to summit Kilimanjaro twice in 22 hrs and Aconcagua traverse in 18 hrs. In making history Jason Black has joined that very small global club, placing him as one of the world’s leading high altitude mountaineers. His safety standard, mountain knowledge and adventure travel experience is exceptional. Jason works professionally with organisations and teams combining his business life skills his mountaineering experiences, leadership, and managing risk. Some recent examples include Linkedin, Pfizer Inc, Amazon, Facebook, and many others.
This powerful combination of people, process, and place unforgettably shifts minds, lifts hearts and stirs souls. We promise that our work together will not be dull.
What do we do?
“We meet, we climb, we laugh & have fun, we share, we wild camp and we breathe fresh air back into the way we think and act in the great outdoors” – Jason Black
Our Overnight Irish Expeditions are simply designed to build a stronger Education and a greater skillset to give you the confidence to Explore safely the great outdoors.
– Jason black
- Expedition Tents provided
- International expedition leader
- Expedition experience
- 2 full expedition mountain days
- 1 night wilderness camping
- Wilderness first responder
- Expert designed itinerary
- 15% Outdoor gear discount GOJB15
- Great Fun and Laughs
Sleeping bags | Personal Equipment | Expedition food | Personal cooking equipment | Snacks | Good weather.
Expedition weekend coveres...
- Expedition planning and leadership
- Navigation and Route-planning
- Expedition Pace, Purpose, Patience
- Remote Incident Management
- Efficient travel on exposed terrain
- Expedition pack management
- Expedition campcraft and hygiene
- Expedition food and cooking training
- Expedition Leave no trace training
The exact route depends on the weather conditions and can be changed by the mountain leader on site if the conditions require it. Likewise, only mountains are climbed, which the mountain leader considers safe according to his personal assessment of the group strength. Thus, a change of the program is possible.
2022 Expedition Locations
- You know you’re looking for something different.
- Your job developing your team can be difficult, creatively challenging, and hugely rewarding.
- You know something needs to shift – but you might struggle to put your finger on exactly what needs changing.
- You know you need to reconnect, refocus, and re-energise your team.
- Does this feel familiar?
Courage. Challenge. Change.
Do those words inspire something that feels great, or are they a little daunting?
Let us reassure you, at The Fresh Air Leadership Company, care is a constant – and it’s just one of our vital values.
We offer a space that is physically and emotionally safe, so that you feel free and inspired to explore new ways of thinking and being.
We want you to feel engaged, safe, challenged, committed and inspired.
We want you to walk away feeling a greater sense of confidence in your skills and ability.
We want you to feel refreshed by our open, honest, professional approach and to be truly moved by our purest mountaineering ethics and expedition experience.
Some really amazing learning came out of the expedition training. Jason’s expertise is different gravy. You can’t go and buy this experience off the shelf.
– Michael Coleman
Your leadership adventure starts here.
Your leadership adventure starts here.
- A damned good listening to, with someone who holds you to account
- Energised conversations – outdoors or closer to home
- An improvement in the quality of your team’s creative thinking
- To explore and evolve new perspectives through a physical and metaphorical journey
- To develop real trust, communicate honestly, and collaborate well in complex scenarios…
Then you also know you need the unforgettable experiences we offer.
Your leadership adventure starts here.
GOJB15 My personal discount code for https://greatoutdoors.ie/shop/camping
- Synthetic Short Underwear (1-2 pair): non-cotton style underwear
- Lightweight Long Underwear (1-2 pair): long sleeve top and long pants/doubles up for sleeping in
- Short Sleeve Synthetic Shirt in summer
- Soft Shell or fleece to be worn over base layers
- Lightweight hiking trousers
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof bottoms
- lite Insulated Down or Synthetic Jacket with hood
- Warm Hat (ski hat)
- Baseball Cap to shade your face/neck from the sun if on a hot day
- Bandana or Buff: to protect your neck/face from the sun/wind.
- Reading glasses for map work
- Soft Shell Gloves: to wear for moderate cold/wind days
- Shell Glove with Insulated Liner: to wear for severe cold/strong wind days
- Merino Wool or Synthetic Hiking Socks
- Hiking Boots: broken in and comfortable
- Sleeping Bag: rated to at least 0°c
- Blow up Sleeping Pad: full length is preferred
- Closed-cell Foam Pad: to be used in conjunction with the inflating pad for warmth and comfort when sleeping
- Expedition Backpack: approximately 120L
- Compression Stuff Sacks: for reducing the volume of the sleeping bag, down jacket, etc. in your rucksack
- Black Compactor Bags: to waterproof inside of backpack
- Backpack Rain Cover (optional)
- Trekking Poles: adjustable (optional)
- Headlamp: with 2 extra sets of new batteries
- 3/4 meter mountaineering sling https://greatoutdoors.ie/shop/nylon-sling-26-x-240-ma26240blk
- 1:50,000 scale ISO Discovery series Map of the mountain range
- Travel Clothes and Shoes:leave in car for days travelling to and from expedition.
Personal Cooking equipment & Gas
- Jet Boil https://greatoutdoors.ie/shop/jetboil-flash-cooking-system-wild
- Jet Boil
- MSR pocket rocket 2 https://greatoutdoors.ie/shop/msr-pocket-rocket-2-stove-327637
Expedition Food Items
- Here is a great solution to all your expedition foods https://expeditionfoods.com/collections/eu-shipping
- Arrive with breakfast Saturday
- Lunch saturday on the mountain
- Dinner saturday night; Dried expedition foods or noodles etc
- Breakfast sunday morning; porridge add water.
- Lunch sunday on the mountain; Dried expedition foods.
- Tea /coffee; Nescafe 3n1
Additional Food Items
- Snack Food: bring a few days supply of your favorite climbing snack food such as bars, gels, mixed nuts, beef jerky, etc. variety of salty and sweet is good
- Cup: plastic 16 oz. minimum cup or mug
- Bowl: large plastic bowl for eating dinner or breakfast
- Spoon: plastic spoon
- Water Bottle: wide mouth bottles with 1-liter capacity for in camp
- Water bladder for your Backpack
- Water Treatment tabs
- Thermos (optional): 1 liter
- Sunscreen: SPF 50 or better
- Lip Screen (1 sticks): SPF 30 or better
- Toiletry Bag: include toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, baby wipes and hand sanitizer
- Pee Bottle: 1-liter minimum bottle for convenience at night in the tent
- Female Urination Device (FUD)
- Knife or Multi-tool (optional)
- Small Personal First-aid Kit: include athletic tape, band-aids, Ibuprofen, blister care, etc.
- Medications and Prescriptions: bring personal medications
- Toilet paper
- Small Garden trowel to bury your shit
- Zip lock bag to bring your toilet paper home
- Personal Power bank
- Smartphone & Power leads
- Camera: bring extra batteries, charger, and memory cards
- A smile and sense of humour.
Difficulty: Beginner to advanced; no previous mountaineering experience necessary; moderate to strong fitness helpful
At Jason Black Mountaineering, we strive to ensure that many of our programs are open to anyone with good physical fitness. But please remember that your ability to participate in the expeditions is largely dependent upon your overall health and fitness. Our climbs should not be taken lightly, and we encourage you to prepare for them by training for the most strenuous portions of the program. If you have a pre-existing medical condition or adverse medical history, we strongly recommend that you consult your physician before joining one of our adventures. If you have additional questions or concerns, our office staff would be happy to discuss which program is best suited for you.
At Jason Black mountaineering we provide the lightest available, high-quality mountaineering tents on overnight expedition courses. Clients will set up tents and establish camp, and cook.
During Jason Black overnight expeditions, single tent accommodations are typically not available.
On Jason Black Irish Expeditions you will be required to carry a portion of the group gear and your personal food, in addition to your personal gear. Please take this into consideration as you choose which personal items and large backpack you critically need. Be prepared to carry between 20 kg or 50 pounds. An adequately sized weekend expedition backpack is required.
On Jason Black Irish Expeditions we start 9am early on saturday morning and finish at 4pm on Sunday evening. Once you book you will receive a detailed information pack with all you need.