Husband and wife team Jason and Sharon black are the driving force behind this ultimate adventure experience.
We specialise in bespoke adventures weekends, staying at the famous mountain retreat Everest lodge Dunfanaghy.
On this unique adventure weekend we have you covered from Hiking – Biking – Trail running – Sea Swimming – Horse riding – Surfing – Cave Kayaking – Sea fishing – Golfing – Whiskey tasting and the best of local restaurants and traditional live music bars with that famous céad míle fáilte welcome.
You Stay , You play and You simply walk away inspired and refreshed – Jason Black
Donegal Adventure weekend
In Amazing Outdoor Spaces!
- Stay at Everest lodge
- Hike to most amazing mountains.
- Bike remote trails.
- Swim the Atlantic ocean
- Ride free by horse.
- Surf endless waves.
- Kayak the secret caves
- Ride shotgun with our Dolphins.
- Tipple at the local whiskey distillery’s.
- Eat the most amazing pizza.
- Drink the most amazing brews to the best of Irish tunes.
- Laugh have fun at the heart of Donegal.
Our approach is a little unconventional. Inquiry-based, no-bullshit thinking and development programmes in amazing Irish spaces. Jason Black Mountain Guide and International Overnight Irish Expeditions Leader on the world’s greatest Mountains. Very few have ever stood on the summit of Mt Everest and on the summit of the savage mountain K2 arguably the hardest and most dangerous mountain in the world. Jason holds multiple high-altitude mountaineering world records, such as being the fastest human in history to summit Kilimanjaro twice in 22 hrs and Aconcagua traverse in 18 hrs. In making history Jason Black has joined that very small global club, placing him as one of the world’s leading high altitude mountaineers. His safety standard, mountain knowledge and adventure travel experience is exceptional. Jason works professionally with organisations and teams combining his business life skills his mountaineering experiences, leadership, and managing risk. Some recent examples include Linkedin, Pfizer Inc, Amazon, Facebook, and many others.
This powerful combination of people, process, and place unforgettably shifts minds, lifts hearts and stirs souls. We promise that our work together will not be dull.
Weekend price €149
27th - 28th August
27th -28th April
10th - 11th September
9th -10th May
24th - 25th September
10th -11th June
- Everest lodge self catering
- Expert designed itinerary
- Mountain guide
- Wilderness first responder
- Great Fun and Laughs
Sleeping bags | Personal Equipment | Expedition food | Personal cooking equipment | Snacks | Good weather.
- You know you’re looking for something different.
- Your job developing your team can be difficult, creatively challenging, and hugely rewarding.
- You know something needs to shift – but you might struggle to put your finger on exactly what needs changing.
- You know you need to reconnect, refocus, and re-energise your team.
- Does this feel familiar?
Courage. Challenge. Change.
Do those words inspire something that feels great, or are they a little daunting?
Let us reassure you, at The Fresh Air Leadership Company, care is a constant – and it’s just one of our vital values.
We offer a space that is physically and emotionally safe, so that you feel free and inspired to explore new ways of thinking and being.
We promise you will feel engaged, safe, challenged, committed and inspired.
We promise you to walk away feeling a greater sense of confidence and refreshed by our open, honest, professional approach to be motivated by nature.
We promise you will walk away with new friends and stronger bonds with old and we hope you return hungry for more adventure.
Just the most amazing experience, Everest lodge and the views over the ocean are breathtaking. The endless outdoor activities we could book was staggering and suited everyone. Jason and Sharons care and expertise was the glue to our successful weekend. Can not thank them enough.
– Monique Holland
Your leadership adventure starts here.
Your leadership adventure starts here.
- A damned good listening to, with someone who holds you to account
- Energised conversations – outdoors or closer to home
- An improvement in the quality of your team’s creative thinking
- To explore and evolve new perspectives through a physical and metaphorical journey
- To develop real trust, communicate honestly, and collaborate well in complex scenarios…
Then you also know you need the unforgettable experiences we offer.
All you need starts here.
GOJB15 My personal discount code for https://greatoutdoors.ie/shop/camping
- 1x Long sleeve top base layer.
- 1x Fleece to be worn over base layer
- Hiking trousers
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof bottoms
- Warm jacket lite (Insulated Down or Synthetic Jacket)
- 1x Warm woollen Hat (ski hat)
- 1x Baseball Cap to shade your face
- 1x Bandana Jason provides on arrival.
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Reading glasses
- 1x Gloves
- 2x Hiking Socks
- Hiking Boots: broken in and comfortable.
- Sleeping Bag
- Blow up Sleeping Pad: full length is preferred
- Closed-cell Foam Pad: to be used in conjunction with the inflating pad for warmth and comfort when sleeping
- Expedition Backpack: approximately 50/60L
- Dry bag or Black Bags: to waterproof inside of backpack
- Trekking Poles: adjustable (optional)
- Headlamp: with 1 extra sets of new batteries
- 1:50,000 scale ISO Discovery series Map of the mountain range
- Travel Clothes and Shoes:leave in car for days travelling to and from weekend.
Personal Cooking equipment & Gas
Expedition Food Items
- Here is a great solution to all your expedition foods
- Arrive with breakfast Saturday
- Lunch saturday on the mountain
- Dinner saturday night; Dried expedition foods or noodles etc
- Breakfast sunday morning; porridge add water.
- Lunch sunday on the mountain; Dried expedition foods.
- Tea /coffee; Nescafe 3n1
Additional Food Items
- Snack Food: bring a few days supply of your favourite climbing snack food such as bars, gels, mixed nuts, beef jerky, etc. variety of salty and sweet is good
- MIGET SPRAY
- Plastic mug
- Plastic Bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Water Bottle
- Water bladder for your Backpack (optional)
- Water Treatment tabs
- Thermos (optional)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, baby wipes and hand sanitiser
- Small Personal First-aid Kit: include athletic tape, band-aids, Ibuprofen, blister care, etc.
- Toilet paper
- Small Garden trowel to bury your shit
- Zip lock bag to bring your toilet paper home
- A smile and a sense of humour.
Difficulty: Beginner to advanced; no previous mountaineering experience necessary; moderate fitness is helpful
At Jason Black Mountaineering, we strive to ensure that many of our programs are open to anyone with reasonable physical fitness. If you can hike 10km each day with a back pack on, then you’re able for the hiking weekend. If you have a pre-existing medical condition or adverse medical history please let Jason know.
On Jason Black Irish Expeditions we start 8am early on Saturday morning and finish at 4pm on Sunday evening. Once you book on to the weekend, you will receive a location of where to meet, all the information you require is in the FAQ section above.